New Brunswick Business Immigration Program
Note: New Brunswick has met its quota for this program.
- Between 22-55 years of age;
- Sufficient English and/or French language skills;
- High school diploma;
- You will live in and operate a business in New Brunswick;
- Relevant management experience in 3 of the last 5 years before your application;
- Exploratory visit to New Brunswick;
- Business plan of economic benefit to New Brunswick;
- Personal net worth of at least CAD$300,000;
- Sign the Deposit Agreement and make a conditionally refundable deposit of CAD$75,000; and
- At least 50 points in the selection factors.
- Management Experience;
You must invest at least CAD$125,000 in a business in New Brunswick. Eligible investments include:
- Purchase of appropriately-zoned land/buildings for business purposes;
- Purchase of business property or leasehold improvements;
- Moving costs for business-related devices, equipment and goods;
- Buying manufacturing equipment, raw materials, tools or a business vehicle;
- Purchase of furniture for a hospitality business;
- Professional services in connection with establishing the business;
- Marketing and promotions;
- Intellectual property; and
- Home-based business ventures up to 10% of the total home purchase price, to a maximum of CAD$20,000 (including home improvements and renovations).
Business Trip/Exploratory Visit to New Brunswick
You must make at least one business trip (for a minimum of 5 full business days) to New Brunswick and conduct extensive research on the province’s business situation. After the business trip, you must participate in an interview with an NBPNP officer who will discuss and identify the knowledge that you gained on your exploratory visit.